The adolescents have had a great week hosting the 5th and 6th year students from both CMS and Oak Haven Montessori.
Here is our Week in Review:
- On Monday, students participated in an investigation of linear functions by documenting how quickly a birthday candle burns. They collected and graphed their data to show candle height as a function of time. In grammar, we focused on our academic writing and the use of the word “that”.
- On Tuesday, students studied exponential growth and decay with M&Ms. Following this delicious investigation, the students discussed the function of verbals in writing and communicating ideas.
- On Thursday, students analyzed data by comparing their estimates of celebrities’ ages with the actual ages as an introduction to lines of best fit and regression analysis.
- Tomorrow, students will have the opportunity to explore and learn on the Land Campus. The adolescents have planned a nature-focused scavenger hunt, the group will participate in a lesson on how erosion and weathering have shaped our property, and the students will have a chance to catch some of the native fish and invertebrates in our creek.
- The group also spent time preparing and planning for the CMS Annual Pumpkin Hunt and worked on setting up a web store for their micro-economy.